Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I have a few things to say today. First I will start with the part that is about reflection and pause. Today of course is the Anniversary of 9/11. And all day it has been a sad one for me. Even though I didn't personally lose anyone in the attacks. I didn't know anyone in New York or D.C. or on Flight 93. But I have been watching all of the stories on tv today and feeling so bad and sad about all of the families that were touched by this tragedy. Mostly thinking of all of the kids that are now without one or both of their parents. It is so difficult to see those small kids and think about them growing up without them.

I know most people don't believe that anything truly horrible can happen to them. I however am very different in that respect. I know just how easily it can happen to me. I am always aware that a tragedy of some kind could happen to me or someone I love. And for that I get very emotional.

So with the refelection of the past I have been thinking how lucky I am that I have so many people that I love that are out there. Thank you for being there all of the time. I miss you and love you.

And now onto better news. This isn't really breaking information, just what I did yesterday. I was the hair and make up person for a photo shoot. A friend of mine is the artistic type and had this idea in her head for a while. But she was waiting for my schedule to clear up so that I could do my thing so the pics would turn out the way she wanted them.

The idea for the photos was Queeen Elizabeth I. So I made a girl up to look like the virgin queen. And then she had a woman that was supposed to be the lady in waiting ( she was Indian). Then there was a King or consort. And a black man as the Queen's lover. And the result of that union a mixed girl child. But the idea was also to be brought into the present by them wearing jeans with the costumes. It all sounds kind of weird until you actually see it. So when I get copies of the film I will post them. But the main idea was that the aristocracy of America doesn't really look like Paris Hilton. They look like the rest of us in America. All colors and loving anyone we choose.

We took the pics on the CU campus in Boulder. The old stone buildings and the the lake with the bridge were some of the settings. It was raining a lot of the day and it was cold. But everyones spirits were high. And we all had a good time. We might turn it into a series and do it again.

Blessed Be.

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger revhipchick said...

very cool!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

very very cool....did you take any pics? I would love to see them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home