Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Change

Well today when my husband got home from work he told me that his boss wants him to start working nights again, but only for 3 months. This concerns me a great deal. If any of you know anything about bipolar disorder, you have to be on a set sleeping schedule. And working nights can really mess that up. Plus if he is going to work nights it needs to be permanent so the schedule stays the same. The whole reason that he had his episode in March was because he was going back and forth from nights to days and back again. So he couldn't sleep. Then he started drinking to try to sleep. Which fucked up his meds and led to mania.

So of course I am worried. He did go to his therapist today and talked to her about it. She is going to talk to his psychiatrist to make sure it will be o.k. Because his boss needs a medical note saying he can work nights again. Because when he came back from the hospital they gave him a note for work that he could only work day shifts from now on.

At first when he told me I said I was moving out in a week if he works nights for only 3 months and then back to days. I will not be a party to helping him get manic again. It is too difficult to deal with. So he said he would ask his boss if it could be a permanent thing. And I said if his therapist does give him a note and talks with me first I might see how things go.

But I have a lot of conditions. First I have to have complete control of the money. So he can't spend it if he gets manic again. And second I have to take his car keys and house keys. So if I feel threatened I can stay in our house and he won't be able to come back in. Third , if I see a single problem I will call his doc and the police if necessary. He said he would see his doc immediately if he has any symptoms. But the problem is when he is manic he doesn't always know it.

So I am willing to try if his docs are o.k. with it. Hopefully his boss will make it a permanent thing. Especially since he hates working the day shift. He doesn't like the day job tasks. He loves nights. And he will make a bonus every month plus 10% night differential. But I said a little money now is not worth your health. He has to comply with everything or I am out.

The thing that sucks the most, is that things between us were finally getting back to normal. And now he wants to change it.

Blessed Be.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

That just sucks sweetie. I am sorry. I think you did a good job standing firm. You really need to worry about you as much as him. If not more. I am here for you and this to shall work itself out. You are in my thoughts. How is D lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home