Sunday, September 03, 2006

Metaphysical Fair Part 2




Well now is the part where I tell you what happened over the next couple of days. As I said before I wanted to see 2 of my favorite speakers at the show.

The first was on Saturday and her name is Linn Gunsbirg. She is originally from New Zealand and I just love her. I lover her accent and her boisterous attitude. I just lover her energy. So I was looking forward to seeing her speak. She had a class on " How to connect with the other side". She is a psychic and healer. Plus she has other talents like sewing and crocheting. A lot like me. At least the last two. Anyway she talks about how she had her first "visions" and how she traveled and how she connects with other beings all of the time. Then she leads us into some deep breathing and a little bit of how to visualize to connect with other spirts. At first we are only learning to visualize anything. Then we are supposed to see a horse, maybe with an Indian( Native American) next to the horse. If there is a person that would be our spirit guide for the future. I had none. Just a horse. Then she talks some more about how when you think of someone that has died how you remember certain things from that person, like a smell or their favorite greeting or phrase or flower. And when those things arise out of nowhere that person in definitely there with you. And also when you are thinking of a living person that at that same moment that person is thinking of you. Always. Then she has us visualize a long halway with doors. We are supposed to see the hallway clearly and know what color it is, the floor and the ceiling. Plus we have to notice the doors. And which one we feel we need to go into. Then notice that door, the color, the door handle and step in. Then we are supposed to see a place to sit. Maybe two places to sit. And we should sit down. And then visit with the person or spirit that we were to connect with. I will not tell you exactly what I saw. It was too personal. But I will say that I saw someone I miss very much. and most of the people in that room were crying when they were in the middle and were finished.

Later on that same day I had a personal reading with LInn. She said that my money situation was going to get better immediately. And then even better still in 3 months. But that I should get a lotto ticket that very day. And I did, and no I didn't win. But she also said that I better get a handle on my marriage because I will be meeting someone fantastic in about 6 months in a work environment. So we will see.

I had originally wanted to see another woman there for another class. Her name is Judith Sauceda. She is Native American and I had a reading done by her many years ago. But by the time her class started I had been there for 6 hours and I was tired and out of money. So I went home.

But I saw so many beautiful things. There was this amazing buffalo drum that was about 3 feet across and $3000. It even still had some of the fur left on it in a carved design of a bull's head. And there were Navajo flutes that were beautiful and sounded so lovely. I was able to try it and I sounded pretty good. It was made of cedar and in the key of F#. It also had small pieces of tourqouise on it. Plus they had buckskin bags to carry it in. Total cost is about $300. And of course they had lovely beaded and velvet scarves. Many statues of gods and goddesses. They had t-shirts with clever pagan sayings on them and also buttons and bumper stickers. They had oils and wands and head pieces and crowns. The jewlry was also amazing. They had silver and gold and tons of crystals. Now the newest phase of jewlry seems to have drusy type crystals. Which I liked a lot. They are kind of like mini geodes. Part of it is smooth and polished and some of it is rough and covered with tons of smaller crystals.

And on my final day, today, I went to an Aromatherapy class. It was just the basics, most of which I already knew. But she let us mix our own and take home samples. Plus she was just a neat lady.

Well that is about it.

Blessed Be.

5 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

As a side note that I forgot to put in. Another thing that Linn said was that if you are having trouble communicating with dead or living people and you are not sure of what to say or you don't want to hurt their feelings. But you must figure out a way to say it. Write it down on a piece of paper and then burn it in a safe place. The message is then sent into the Universe and it will now be taken care of. I think the is a practice that I will be using often.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Hey there....sorry about the absence....I don't know how I feel about this post. I wish I could come to terms with how I really feel about all things spiritual and just stick to it....every feel like that?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Of course that is what they call agnostic. It is totally o.k. with being unsure. You are not required to follow only one path. If that were true, there wouldn't be so many to choose from. But a lot of religions have the same basic spiritual beliefs. My favorite and universal one is "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" In Wicca it is "Do what ye will, harm none." Besides you have all the time in the world to figure it out. No one person has all of the answers. It is what works for you.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

Yeah...since I came from such a wide spectrom growing up, I have all kinds of differences about me...a little magick, a little christian, a little athiest, a little hippie, a little....you get my drift. I have missed you btw

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

I have definitely missed you too. I am sending you an email. So look for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home