Saturday, July 22, 2006

My New Love



Oh, how I am loving my new obsession. It is fun to dance and it works off a lot of the pounds (hopefully) as long as I stick with it. I went shopping today and bought a dvd of Veena and Neena, the twin belly dancers, Fitness for Beginners BellyDance. I already used it and it kicked my butt. But I was able to make it all the way through. And I learned new steps. But I already know that I need to get more dvd's or go to lessons.

Plus I went to the fabric store and looked for patterns for belly dance costumes and found a few. A few are very Indian. And the others are more like costumes, than clothes. But the differnce will be made with the fabric that I end up choosing. But it will be very expensive. Just for the dvd and the patterns was $40.

Then I went downtown and went to Herbs and Arts to see if they had books or hip scarves. They didn't, but they sent me down the street to a place that imports stuff from Nepal and Tibet. I saw a few things I liked, but I had D. with me and he was getting rowdy. So we had to leave. The cost of a hip scarf with the coins on it is around $40 and the same for a chain and coin belt. They had all kinds of accesories. So I can't wait to go back there.

Plus the Metaphysical fair is coming up in September at the Merchandise Mart. Or the one in October in Colorado Springs. There is always good stuff there. But it is usually too expensive, or I have a reason I can't buy it.

No more excuses. I am going to get myself a healthy hobby. I love to go dancing. And my husband used to go with me a little. And we always had a good time. But he is getting lazy about the whole thing. So I guess I will just do this one by myself.

And Jess, I would love it if you sent me the tapes you have. Or anything else that you have that would work that you don't want.

Of course here I am as I am typing this I am eating cookie dough. At least the workout will cancel out the calories I just ate.

Blessed Be.

6 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

You just purchases one of the two that I have....tell me more about the title and what the pic on the front looks like. I am excited. I just didn't realize you and I had so many things in common

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

very cool and congrats on finding something that gets you going physically, mentally/creatively excited as well!

have fun!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

The twins are wearing black sports bra tops and black pants with pink hip scarves. But the title is what I said in the post.

See we are going to be great friends. Now we just need to find some time to see each other.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

The dvd is for abs, arms, thighs, and buns. I hope that helps.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I will just send both. Can you please email me your address and I can do that this week. I have noticed how much we have in common. We should try to get together before school starts.

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site 1 sports nfl sports agent vitamins Kids cruise lines Tablet ionamin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home