Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Well hello out there. I haven't posted or even checked my site or email for a few days. I have actually been spending a lot of time in the real world. Amazing isn't it? But I felt like I needed to catch you up on my life. Plus I like having the journaling aspect of things.

So of course hipchick came for a visit last week. It was so nice to see her and her whole family. I miss them so much and loved hanging out with them. We went to the butterfly pavilion and to the botanical gardens while she was in town. We had a great time. My son, D. loved having "kids" "friends" and "guys" to play with. Since he is an only child he has to wait for my friends to come over with their kids. Thank Goddess that he is so agreeable and likes to play with everyone. Of course this can cause problems when some other kids don't want to play with him. It doesn't bother D, just the other kid.

Of course if you have been reading my blog over the last couple of months you know that my husband has a few issues. We have been working them out. But I have requested that he do most of the work. I wanted him to go to AA, couseling with a therapist every other week and a bipolar support group once a week. Plus he has to take his meds every day. And I thought things would be very smooth once he accomplished all of this stuff. Not so. Recovery and progress are slow. And my very good friend suggested for the millionth time that I start couseling as well. I have always said that I would relish the idea. That I truly want to go and work out my own shit. But I have been stubborn in thinking that most of the shit belonged to my husband. Now I know that is wrong. It is shared shit. We all have to deal with it. So for the first time I went to Al Anon. I liked it and shared a small part of my story.

Originally I was planning on going to yesterdays meeting. Then things have been going rather well with my husband. Even when he came home yesterday from work I liked being around him. But then I realized I am not only going to go to Al Anon for the bad days, but the good ones as well. And that very soon we will have a bad day. So I need to jump right in. It is run a lot like AA. You even get a first day chip with the serenity prayer on it. And I have to say that living day by day right now is a good way to go about things. It helps to think that I don't need to plan every part of my life out right now. I can just go with the flow and see if we can truly work out our stuff and become a loving family again. I hope so. Because even if we can't I still have to deal with my husband for the rest of my life because of our wonderful son. And I would still love my husband even if we weren't together because of some of his great qualities and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him.

Then there is my night life. I have been going out with my girlfriends a lot lately. We have been going to bars about 2 or 3 times a week. It has been kind of draining. We stay out too late. I stay out the latest since I am the designated driver and have to make sure everyone makes it home. But that is the price you pay for loving your friends. It is totally worth it. But maybe we need a bit of a break. I could use the extra sleep. Plus I got into a really big fight with one of my friends last night and I am not really happy about it. I really like this girl, but not some of the things she has been saying. She has just been too judgemental lately. But I am sure we will all get over it.

So be well and Blessed Be.

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

i'm really "proud" of you (can i say that?)! it's hard working on our own issues--especially when things seem just fine. way to go!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thanks I needed that. I actually think things might get better because we will be both working on them at the same time. I think I will go to Al Anon for a couple of weeks before deciding if I need regular couseling too or just marriage couseling. The hard part is the money of course. But if nothing else I will get a couple of books to read and help things out.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I am going to say it too....even if it is not right coming from a "punk kid". I am so proud of you. It's such a step to say...I have stuff going on too and it ain't just him. I am glad I got a divorce...don't get me wrong but...I always wonder how things would have been if I knew then what I know now. I am here for you for anything you need. good job again.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

i hope your continued absence means that life is going very well these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home