Thursday, June 29, 2006

Coming Back To The Earth



Well Hello there. I am glad that one of my friends in contributing regularly to my comments. That woud be "she who needs a nap". And since I have been commenting on her blog as well we have struck up quite few conversations.

The best of which is about her future handfasting. I have loads of information to bestow upon my friends. And because of that she is getting me closer to my spirtuality again. I have been in quite the bad place for a few months and it has sucked!! I have been praying and casting spells. But I have still felt a little aloof from my chosen religion. Wicca and the Earth always feel like home to me. And somehow with all of the crap of life going on I have forsaken it a bit. So I now have a new project with her handfasting and it is making me get back to my roots. THANK YOU!!!

So hopefully I will be writing more about wicca and rituals and the like. I have always been a very spiritual person, but I do not like to go to"church" regularly. Even though I do like rituals. Thank you Catholicism. So I will be doing more research on the web of course. It is faster and I don't have a car to check out the stores and such in town. I am sure I will be putting up more links too.

That's all for now.

Blessed Be.

7 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

blush....your welcome. I thank you so much for all the info you have sent me so far and can't wait to get a really good look at it. I can't wait to see the kinds of things you post either
XOXOXO

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger revhipchick said...

glad you're reconnecting with the Goddess. it's great that you are getting reconnected to what feeds your soul.

cheers!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

That is exactly how I have been feeling over the last couple of days. I am so all over the place. I always do this in my life. Everything goes in spurts.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Angela said...

spurts, yup. i think that is how we all go through the growing process. i love it. if it doesn't feel different from what we are doing, it's not. and everything is constantly changing and evolving, so if i am standing still, i am loosing ground.

my wedding was a blend of christianity, buddhism, creation reverence, and adventure. we didn't know exactly what to call it, and labels aren't that important to us. it has just been "our ceremony". we did what every seemed beautiful and meaningful to us and it remains the most wonderful day of my life.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

that is what dream boat and I have in mind. a little of this, a little of that. it looks like most people that get handfasted these days are wiccan...and we are not. and he and I are different religions as well. So, we will have to do some major motifying from what "most" people do.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Angela said...

right on, congratulations!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I actually like the fact that we are not the norm.
We are doing the handfasting thing because of it's origins. We are both Celtic. I actually stumbled on it years and years ago and have always wanted to. When I mentioned it to dreamboat...he was ALL for it. So, now we just have to find what works for us...like you said...and not worry about others. Thanks for the congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home