Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Weekend

Hello again. Well my husband came home for the weekend. He got to spend the day and night on Saturday and all day today till 8 p.m. I was thrilled with the part that he could take care of our son. It has been a total bitch to find a sitter for only 2 days a week for the last 6 weeks.

But anyway. Not much happened. It seemed as though he was never gone. He slept in. Then he watch D. while I was at work. I came home and we ate dinner and watched a little t.v. Then he had to go to his first AA meeting. Well he ended up missing most of it, cause the sheet we had must have had the wrong time to show up. But he heard a couple of their stories and then got his 30 day chip. I was a little proud, especially since he has been dreading going and he said it wasn't too bad, Of course he said that the stories heard were awful and so bad, I asked what he thought it would be like. Most people don't go to AA willingly if their life was going well. It usually takes a traumatic event. Ya know like my husband trying to rob a bank. He didn't really get it. He doesn't normally drink. It happens only when he starts not sleeping and he tries to and can't. Then he drinks to go to sleep. Then he can't sleep some more, then he gets manic. Of course it is a whole cycle. But I still think he doesn't really get it. I hope he does soon. I don't want things to get as bad as they have been.

Well then I went to work today. It was o.k., nothing special. Then I came home, we ate dinner, then we watched a little t.v and then I had to take him back to the halfway house. My son really wanted to get in the car and go for a ride, until he realized where we were and why. Then he started crying, " No Daddy leave, No Daddy go, No Daddy bye bye, No I Love You!!!" It was incredibly heart breaking for me and my husband and my son. I kept trying to reassure our son that we would see Daddy tomorrow. But that really wasn't good enough. I told him that the doctor just wants to make sure that Daddy is well. But he is so little and just doesn't understand. He finally quieted down till I had to get him out of the car. Then he wanted to nurse. And even though I have been trying to wean, it was the only way to calm him down and make him feel better. I love my son so much and I hate to see him hurting. But now he is sleeping and knows we will see Daddy tomorrow. And he kept thanking me for getting to see Daddy. He just makes me melt.

Blessed Be.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger karrlot said...

So did he get arrested for trying to rob the bank, or did they not arrest him because he was not mentaly stable?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

He wasn't arrested at all. He won't be charged with anything. He didn't have a weapon and I guess he said he was going to rob the bank, but he didn't actually do anything except make a scene and then he called the police himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home