Monday, April 10, 2006

What's new with me

Well, I went to see my husband again this evening at the halfway house. He is doing better, but we still have some problems.
I guess I will start with the weekend. I had to work Saturday so I didn't see him. But I finally got a sitter I could totally trust. She is technically one of my husband's friends from D&D, but I know her pretty well too. She watched him all weekend and was so excited to do so, she went to the library for books for D. to read and ideas for his developmental age to do. They did crafts, played, went to the park and had a great time. I was so-o-o-o happy. I was just glad to have someone that wasn't a crack head or a total screw up. I just wanted my kid back alive and I got so much more. I just wish she didn't have to work so I could count on her all the time. I will definitely have to do something for her in return, but I am not sure what.
Sunday I actually had a class in the morning for work, so the boss closed the shop. So I came home around 1 p.m. My son hadn't even gotten out of bed. He had missed his nap the day before, cause he was having so much fun, so he slept in on Sunday. So my sitter had an easy day. Since I was home early I got the kid ready and we went to visit Daddy at the halfway house. We actually had a pretty good day. There is a park like ten steps away so we took D. to play. We had a good time just being a family. It was the best day we had in a while.
The only thing that related to my husband's illness was a list of things I wanted him to accomplish before he comes home. He wasn't totally thrilled with the idea. Mainly it was a list of appointments I wanted him to make with his therapist, a marriage counselor for the both of us, where to go for AA meetings and an action plan for the next time he gets sick. Plus we need to meet with his doctor before he comes home so we can know what to expect for the next couple of months. So far he has the majority of the list finished. We meet with the doctor tomorrow. So I expect him home no later than Thursday, maybe even tomorrow.
I am a little aprehensive. This morning when I woke up and I was nauseous again. I am not sure what to expect when he comes home. I don't want to be fighting all the time. Especially since our first marriage counseling session is like a month away. He has a meeting with his psychiatrist on Wednesday. That makes me feel a little better. Plus he found a way to get his meds for free until August.
So now we just have to figure out our financial situation. On Oprah she has had this show going every Friday called the Debt Diet. She has the info on her website. It has worksheets on how to get a handle on your spending and how to save. With all of the advice from famous financial advisors, basically for free. So my husband and I are going to give it a try. It can't be any worse than what we are already doing. Hopefully we will finally get some savings and be able to handle situations like this in the future. If not, we might go our seperate ways. I do better with money than he does, but he makes a lot more than me since I stay at home with our son. Plus he just has a higher paying job than me. He is still of the mind that his paychecks are mostly for him. So we have a lot to work on.
Last few items. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who posts and to those of you that know me personally for all of the advice and shoulders to cry on lately. I really needed it and I wouldn't have made it without you. My life is better for knowing you and the love you share with me.
Blessed Be.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Laurabdoll said...

Gotta Love Oprah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home