Friday, April 14, 2006

YUCK TAX TIME!!

Well hello there. Today was a beautiful day outside and I got to spend some of the day with my husband. D. and I went to visit him at the halfway house and D and my husband got to play at the park across the street for a little while by themselves. While they were doing that I went back to the house and picked up our laptop and our tax stuff. Ooh what fun.
When I got back my husband got a 1 hour pass so we went to CompUsa and picked up TurboTax. Much easier than filling out the paper work. Granted it is more expensive, but it is worth the cost so we don't fight so much. However I just got finished with it and we owe money. My husband likes to claim a lot on his W4 so we can keep as much of his paycheck as possible. Not that is fine and dandy during the year. But come tax time it TOTALLY SUCKS. We owe $1200 combined for federal and state taxes. I keep trying to tell hime to claim less, but does he listen to me, NO!! Anyway at least the whole mess is done and over with. We just have to get a payment plan and figure it out.
But at least we spent a good portion of the day together. Plus D. and I got a huge present from my sister in St. Louis today for Easter. D. got a basket with a book and cookies and some summer clothes and some sidewalk chalk. I got some aromatherapy lotion and a check so that I can go to at least one therapy session. My sister and I don't get along most of the time, but she can be extremely generous and loving when she wants to be. I cried when I read her note to me and I love her very much. So now I can make the appointment. Woo Hoo!!!. I am going to be in therapy!! Just what I wanted.
Now I just have to get some laundry finished and put D's stuff together for the sitter tomorrow. Plus I still have to go to the store and get some Easter stuff for my neice. It has been a busy week. and a busy day. Well I will hopefully post more later.
Hey the good news is that my husband is getting an all day pass on Sunday to spend it with the family for a barbecue. That should be fun, plus the Easter egg hunt for the kids. Complete with camoflage eggs. I know, my sister-in-law's idea. Hopefully I will have pics to post later.

Blessed Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home