Sunday, September 17, 2006

To See a Couple of Friends

I went to the Springs to visit a couple of different friends I have. The first was a blast. We all had a good time and it was too short. Our kids played all afternoon. And all of us adults have a ton in common and can't wait to hang out again. My son didn't really want to leave either. He wanted to stay and play till he fell down from ehaustion.

But then I went to visit one of my other friend's. We have known each other since highschool. We have remained friends for 15 years. We don't always get to see each other as much as we would like. But once in a while we will call each other and chat. And at least once a year I see her and her kids. Which of course I have known all of the kids since birth.

But today she was in a bad mood. She has someone staying at her house with an additional 3 kids. And I guess they aren't the best roommates. The other chick doesn't pay rent or utilites. And she doesn't really help out around the house. Plus I guess her kids are not well behaved. So I knew this visit would be short.

But I didn't expect for my beloved friend to flip out when I said that I might come back down in a couple of weeks to her kids because of the Metaphysical Fair. And then her son asked what the fair was for and what it meant. I said it was for Witches and Pagans and had psychics and tarot card readers and oils and jewlery and stuff like that. My friend got very angry but motioned behind me that I was crazy to her kid. And he told me so. Then I said I didn't understand why she thought that since she used to go with me. I think she is actually the one who told me about Celebration Store. And took me to the fair the first time. We were still in highschool. Anyway she quickly said in a firm tone that it was time for me to leave. And then when we were in the garage getting ready to go, she said that what I told him was bad. That witches were bad.

I of course am devistated. I don't know if we will continue to be friends. She has changed her view points over the years. She is now a devout Catholic and a Republican. So we do have differences. But they usually don't cause much friction. So I am not sure where will go from here. I know I am probably jumping the gun. We will most likely make up. But I don't think it will be in the very near future. That woman can hold a grudge.

Blessed Be.





7 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Does this sound bitter?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

it's your own blog--you can feel bitter. no, i don't think it sounds bitter.

i'm sorry that it was such a bad scene.

it's my experience that some people who have "converted" from something like wicca to christianity can go bonzo with stuff dealing with their old lives--given how "different" they are made out to be.

sorry hon. glad to hear you had a good time with J!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

no sweetie...you don't sound bitter....I know how it feels to have someone you have loved and been friends with forever just change on you and not like you that you are still the same. I am so sorry about that. I am here for you and I truly like you just the way you are. Especially because you are who you are.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thanks guys I needed that. The bitter part was more about the pins and bumper stickers than what I posted. But I appreciate the kind words. I am hoping that it was mostly because she was in a bad mood when I came over. Hopefully this will blow over soon.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I think you are a good friend to consider still making up after that. I was just about to say i wouldn't do that but....Brian is reading over my shoulder and I know he will call me on my bullshit. I forgive too easily!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

We all have really bad days and sometimes bad months or years. And when life is really getting to you that badly it can make you say or do things that you wouldn't normally do. So I guess I have pretty much made up my mind to try to work things out with her. But I think I will have to let things cool off for a while just to be on the safe side.

And if things don't work out with her the way I would like, I won't die or anything. I still have a few very good friends in all of you.

Sometimes friendships don't last forever. But the one she and I have shared over the years has meant a great deal to me and I hope it can continue.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

i'm sorry to read of the falling out with your good friend. i wonder if you two have made amends at this point?

i had a similar falling out with a good friend of mine (we were best friends in high school and stayed in touch over the years despite me moving across the country) over a year ago. she basically decided that i had changed too much (getting all AP and crunchy) and we no longer had anything in common (i apparently divulged too much info on my blog) and said good-bye to me. it was really hard for me to take for a loooong time and i still wonder how it got to the point of writing me off (though she still reads my blog on a regular basis - kinda weird).
anyway, i hope things can be resolved btwn you two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home