Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Friend Had a Baby

Well I didn't get a chance to post everything that went on last week. So I will catch you up.

A good friend of mine had her a baby boy 1 week ago. When I heard she was in labor I got ready and then waited for my husband to come home so I could have the car. When he got home finally I went to Target and bought a couple of things for the baby and my friend. I got some cute baby socks and a matching hat. Then for my friend I got her some bath gels and lotions and headbands for in the hospital. I just remember what I felt and looked like when I gave birth. And I also got her some flowers. I wanted my friend to feel like she was getting gifts too. It is a long arduous journey having a child and people need to notice that.

I stayed with her at the hospital till 4:30 the next morning. Her husband had left her the week before so she was alone. Her parents had her older son to take care of at home and couldn't stay with her. So I helped her learn how to nurse again. And changed diapers and got her food. Just all of the little things you need after having a baby. Plus I took a few pics. Of course they are on regular film so I don't have any to post.

I guess that is about it.

Blessed Be.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

The coolest thing about all that is that she will remember you forever for that. You are a great friend.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thanks. I try to be. I want to be the kind of friend that I like having. Plus I just love babies. And right now it is a good way for me to remember what it is like to actually stay up all night with a little one again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home