Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Universal Lesson

I was having some more low feelings today. Not for any particular reason. Nothing bad has happened. But I was feeling yucky about not having anymore kids in the future. Unfortunately at first I just ate some cookies and tried to watch t.v. But then there was nothing on. So I actually chose something a little more productive. I chose to do my belly dancing video instead of vegetating. I actually worked out for 54 of the 60 minute video. So props to me.

I know it isn't much, but at least I am trying to change my mindset lately. I know there isn't anything I can do about my husbands neurological condition. It is there for life. It is going to take some major adjusting. I was just thinking for some stupid reason that it would all go much quicker. Change rarely goes smoothly. I wonder what made me think this would be different.

I have always had a problem with patience. I guess this is another one of the Universe's many lessons for me. Hopefully I will get it this time. I am sick of going through this crap. So if any of you have any tips or secrets for dealing with change and patience, let me know.

Blessed Be.

8 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Ya know one of the really good things about being out of work and doing this blog thing is that I am upping my typing skills lately. I used to type 50 or so words a min. And then I started doing hair and that dropped dramatically. Now I think I am back up to that number again. Maybe even higher. I just might go onto one of those sites that times you and check to see if I have gotten any better over the last couple of months.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Well I just got done doing a typing test online and I type 39 words per minute. Not terrible, but not great either. So I can definitely improve. Of course it is a lot easier to type what is in my head than type something for someone else. So I am sure that slows me down just a bit.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger revhipchick said...

i'm sorry you're down. i wish i had some good words of wisdom but no such luck.

i'm not so good with change either. if i was i'd just lose the damn weight and be done with it.

i used mhy xmas money to buy yoga and dance workout videos but i ahve to use them. so props to you for doing what i haven't been able to do just yet!

btw...my typing is pathetic!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Your typing would be better if you were not typing on a phone and only on a keyboard. But now they have these new keyboards out that you can arrange any way you want so that it is easier for you to type. It was kind of neat to look at on tv.

And thanks for the vote of confidence about the working out thing. I have been so sore for the last 2 days. I was planning on working out Mon, Wed and Fri. But I can barely lift my arms. So I have to give it a rest till Mon. But then I am only going to work one group of muscles on each day. It should make me less tired and more able to work out more often. Basically the dvd I have works upper body for 30 min then lower body for 30 min. That's why I am sore all over.

But hey after D.'s party tomorrow I will let you know how it went.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

I think my WPM is 47...or 57....I can't remember. I am pretty quick. I am sorry you were low and I wasn't around. THat is a crappy thing I did. I am here now and I am sorry

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

NO, it wasn't a crappy thing. We all have lives. I am not upset with you at all. This is all stuff that I really need to work out for myself. It is just coming up a lot more because of my husband's illness. I just want to work on it and make it better. But in order to do all that I have to cry and think about the things that have happened in my life to work through them. I also need a counselor to help me out with a lot of this crap. I am going to Al Anon again tonight. It is helping a little. It is just a slow process. That part is the worst.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger She who just needs a nap said...

You are in my thoughts...as always

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thanks sweetie. I appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home