Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wanting to try a different life

Well I was just watching PBS special Texas Ranch house. It was very interesting. But of course I have liked all of the shows they have done on families going back to the past to relive wilds of those times. I love how they actually live as though they are in the 1800's. They wear the clothes, they build their own homes, they have to barter for their supplies and everything else.
I guess one of the reasons that I love these shows is that I have always thought I was born in the wrong era. I got that impression originally from my father. He always said that I liked the outdoors so much and hunting, fishing and such. Plus I like the romantic feel of the times. Of course I am too much of a feminist to really have enjoyed those times. I would be too pissed off at the men treating me that way. And I certainly wouldn't like having to only wear dresses. But I do like the fact that they have to survive by their wits and their abilities. It is truly survival of the fittest.

I'm sorry that I am not much of a writer and have a hard time getting my point across. I think I would like to join one of those shows. Even though I have grown quite accustomed to living in this century with all of the conveniences. I do like air conditioning. But I would like to see what I am made of. I think I could make it. I would be uncomfortable but I would really enjoy it. Of course I don't think it would be a good idea with such a small child and I don't think I could leave my son with family for a few months till the show was over. But it would be very interesting.

Does anyone else out there know what I mean? Would anyone else like to do such a thing?

Blessed Be.

3 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

it would be a good experience even with d! especially if he was a little older. i mean it's not like he would die from lack of health care--in the end it is a controlled environment, i can't imagine that they would allow for such a liability.

why not give it a shot? geez, my mom has sent in at least one tape to survivor--it cracks me up how much she wants to be on the show. she was even saving vacation days! she is one determined woman for sure!

ps...there were always plenty of wild women that stood against the patriarchal bs--heck, we're still fight it!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Yah, but J. won't really want to do it. I know I could do it by myself, but it wouldn't be the same. Plus you have to have enough money to pay your bills at your real life while you are gone, and we don't have that.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger revhipchick said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!

love and miss you!
c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home