Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Totally Fucked Up Day!!!!

I was just fired from my job about an hour ago. I had to pack up all of my stuff in front of the other stylists. It was humiliating. I don't want to get into the details about why. I just know that my boss has been upset with me for the last month. I knew there were things wrong. But I wasn't written up or anything. I wish they had done it on Monday when I was there for training. It would have been a lot easier and less money for me. It actually cost money for me to go to work today.

Now I have to try and call my old employer, whom I despise, just so we don't lose any money by me being out of work. The only thing good about it would be that I would have most of my old clients again. So I would be busy enogh to be able to pay my bills, hopefully. But as of right this moment my old boss is on vacation. So I have to wait out the weekend not knowing what will happen.

And with everything that has been going on for the last couple of months, this is about to be the straw that broke the camels back. I don't have any strength left in me. And my husband really doesn't have any support to give me either. He just wants to go to bed ans sleep because he is depressed. As I am typing this I am crying and am so overwhelmed.

And of course I am pissed off at the money I have spent for my training and clothing and more equipment that I couldn't really afford. But I was trying to better our financial position for the long run. And it blew up in my face.

Now my poor son has two totally fucked up parents that just can't seem to get it together. I feel so pathetic. And since my boss was saying that I have been doing such a poor job lately and my previous employer had said things to that effect as well, I think maybe I shouldn't be a hairdresser any more. I just don't know what to believe right now.

I'm sure the Universe has something in mind, but I don't have a clue what it is. And right now I am pretty pissed about my whole situation. I can't ever to seem to get ahead. Every time I think I have done the right thing, it seems to backfire. God please give me a clue. I can't figure things out right now.

7 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey I am so sorry. Maybe that place just wasnt meant to be. Dont let your boss make you think you are not good at what you do. You are. They are just wanting you to do things faster so they make more money, dont get caught in that corporate crap. You are not totally fucked up and you will survive this to. If you do what you love you will be great at it.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger revhipchick said...

i agree with laura! don't buy into this shit--you love hairdressinga nd you ARE good at it!

obviously i don't know everything, but i know that you can't let anyone take away the things you love--this has been your dream career for as long as i have known you--don't give it up!

i love and miss you and i want to help out however i possibly can.

love you!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger karrlot said...

Regarding your son having two fucked up parents:

Right now, your son only needs three things: food, an ambiant temperature of 68-74 degrees, and love.

Thats all.

He doesn't need a mommy that works at a certian salon. He just needs a hug.
He doesn't need a certain book. He needs a lap to sit on while he looks at it.
He doesn't need to go anywhere or do anything. He needs someone to spend time with.

One thing I discovered - one of the best remedies for a crappy day is to stop everything and be a parent for a few minutes. Read a book, give a tickle, give a zerbert, make him laugh. It doesn't make all of your problems disappear, but its the best upper I've found.

There are lot of fucked up parents out there, but you are not one of them. Your outside life impacts your parenting, but it doesn't define you as a parent.

There is a lot of stuff that we think is important - but when you cut through all the shit - you can count the important things on one hand.

Keep your focus and do what you can to better yourself and your situation, but don't loose sight of priority. (That's singular)
He's oblivous to the rest of the world. All you've got to do is be a good mommy.

You've got a lot of shit going on. Why don't you spend this Mommies Day being a Mommy. Don't worry about all of the shit going on (it'll still be there tomorrow).

Turn off the the computer and go play with some half broken piece of plastic crap that came from Stuff-Mart with him.

Happy Mother's Day.

You're in our prayers.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thank you guys! You are great friends.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger BlueGoddess said...

Thank you guys! You are great friends.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger AnnieM said...

EVERYONE has super rough patches in life, everyone. I know it is hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, but it's there. Things will work out, thy always do somehow. And what Joel said, great advice! Keep your head up, things will turn around.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gee, i'm sorry for what you're going through these difficult days and i hope they pass soonEST...life can be tough, and i hope you can hold your head up and find a way to go forward.

Ever since you commented on my blog, i come over here once in a while to see how you're doing... keep us posted, ok?

I'm in your cheering section!! ~~carolynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home