Thursday, January 04, 2007

Vacation...All I Ever Wanted

Well, well, well. So much has happened in a short amount of time. As we all know there was not one but 2 Huge Blizzards in about a week. Thank the goddess that I was only stuck in one of them. And as of this evening we are getting more snow. Somewhere between 4-8 inches by tomorrow afternoon. Now this is the reason that I always wanted to live in Colorado!! But for the last 10 years or so we don't get this much snow. So I am glad to finally have it. But it does cause some problems.

And now for the vacation. Well I left my home on Christmas Eve and got to the airport 3 hours before departure. I wanted to be safe. I checked all day to make sure my flight wasn't going to be cancelled. And lucky for me it all went off without a hitch. I got to St. Louis around 10:30pm and made it to my sister's house about an hour later. So all we did was get ready for bed. The next morning Santa had been there and there were tons of presents. My son was overjoyed. I also raked it in. Plus my sister was so sweet as to make this french toast casserole thing with apples and cranberries. One of the best things I ever tasted. My sister and I don't get along on a lot of stuff, but food is not one of them. She is a fabulous cook!!!!

My sister had to spend Xmas day with the inlaws. And of to Granny's house we go, my son, myself and my mother were on our way driving to Paducah Kentucky. Home, Sweet Home. My cousin and my Aunt P. had just arrived before us. And we all sat around giving more gifts and waiting for the rest of the family for a great dinner. And then for more gifts. Have I mentioned I have a large Catholic family? So it was a day for gluttony. Fun was had by all.

The next day my cousin M. and my Aunt P. and my son and myself piled in another car and went to Lexington Kentucky and stayed till Friday. Then back to Paducah for my Granny's 80th Birthday party Saturday. Big bash with lots of relatives. Around 50 people ( and no that is not everyone). But we had made enough food for 200. So there were a lot of leftovers that we all ate for days. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. Needless to say that I am sick of pigs in a blanket. I only wish we had more cake left over.

Sunday we went to Mayfield Kentucky to see my Uncle J. We stayed for a few hours, had lunch and hung around the farm. My son loved going for rides on the Mule ( the 4 wheeler type vehicle, not the animal) Then back in the car for another 4 hours back to St. Louis in New Year's Eve. We arrived around 10:30 and once again got ready for bed.

Monday we hung around the house with my sister and her husband. Then the kid had a huge meltdown. He had a bunch on the trip. He was sick when we left so he didn't have the greatest time. Tuesday I made a belated Birthday dinner for my sister and came home yesterday.

So that is the gist of it. I am too tired right now to go in any more detail. But my son got tons of Thomas the train gear. So much that I had to ship it back here. Not enough room in the suitcases to bring on the plane.

Blessed Be.
Hope everyone else had good Holidays!!!