Sunday, March 19, 2006

We Are In A Family Crisis

My husband J. has bi-polar disorder and is currently manic. He has completely lost it and is also driving me crazy as well. This all started about a week ago when we were fighting over stupid crap and I didn't really know why. This is a usual sign that he is in impending trouble. But I missed it. Then he didn't sleep for a couple of days. He has been studying for this test for a certification for work and he was supposed to take it on Fri. Well he comes home and says that they overbooked and they didn't have a spot for him, even though we already paid for it. Weird. Then we go to a birthday party for one of my son's friends. He is getting weirder. But then he goes to a movie with his friends afterwards and doesn't come home till
3:30 a.m. and then is acting weird and crying about what a bad father he is. I told him that was normal and that everyone fells llike they are doing a bad job with their kids and if they thought they were perfect they would be in trouble. That made him feel a little better, but obviously not enough. The next morning I took the baby to my sister-in-law's house while I was at work so my husband could sleep. But soon after I left, so did he. He disappeared for about 24 hours but I didn't know it till this morning when he still wasn't home. So of course I call his friends and family and then the hospitals, jails, and morgue. But I still couldn't find him. So I went to work but it was incredibly hard to focus and all I wanted to do was find my husband. Finally I am checking my voicemail for home and there was a message from the Denver police saying they found him trying to break into a car that he thought was ours. J. wasn't making sense so they took him to the hospital and that is where he is now, on a psyche hold for 72 hours. Which sucks, cause we don't have insurance. But of course right now he is too violent to come home and be with me and our son, So I am stuck here waiting to find out the fate of my beloved husband and how scared that makes me. At the same time I am mad at him because he wouldn't sleep, take his meds and he has been drinking for the last 2 months. All of which have contributed to his manic episode. He scares the begesus out of me and then makes me worry for his life and mine. I would feel very lost without him and I want him to get better. But unfortunately that is going to take time and it is a difficult road that I am not looking forward to. Thanks out there for listening to my crap. I have been able to unload my burden and that feels good, which is why I have this blog to begin with.
Blessed Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home