Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thinking of Family in KY

I was online looking for cabins to stay in at KY Lake in June for our family reunion. Most of my entire family lives in Kentucky. Anyway I knew that there were not a lot of vacancies available, since my mom had been looking for awhile. But my mom doesn't use the internet much. So I thought I would help. As luck would have it, I found a cool place that even has a pool. So I made a couple of phone calls to see if my cousin and my mom wanted to make the reservation. So far can't get a hold of anyone. But that is not really what I am going to write about this evening.
A couple of months ago my aunt P. broke up with her significant other, my uncle basically. They never married, but were together for 17 years, so half of my life. My aunt and uncle had problems off and on for years, another reason why they never married. My aunt wanted to live a slightly larger town than my uncle and he is kind of old fashioned. So he didn't really like her working much either. She lives in Lexington and he lives in a tiny town called Mayfield. They are several hours apart. However, my uncle has to do some traveling for his job cause he works for the state. So he gets up to Lexington at least 3 times a week. So they always saw each other often. Plus my grandparents, my aunt's parents, live fairly close to my uncle. So we always got together for holidays and family get togethers. Well it has been kind of weird for everyone, cause we all love my uncle very much.
So anyway, he just called me since all of this stuff happened. I was so glad to hear his voice and it was kind of weird the way I was thinking about my whole family and looking online for places to stay when he called. He is of course depressed. He wants the family to stay together and he still loves my aunt very much. He told me I could stay at his house whenever I wanted. And now that he has all of this time on his hands he has a new car project going. He just bought an El Camino. He is in the process of fixing it up. He said he wanted to visit my grandparents. I hope this all means we can still stay close. So I got his email and his phone numbers, so the possibility is there. Well I gotta go. My husband has to work now.
Blessed Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home