Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Taught a Color Class

Today was pretty cool. I went back to the school where I got my certificate for cosmetology and taught a color class. Last night I was ill prepared and I was nervous so I talked to my husband and he agreed to be my student so I could practice. And since he knows nothing about hair it made it seem very real. He asked me all the right questions and help me form a plan. I set up my supplies list and wrote my name on the board. It was kind of weird. But I had a lot of fun and so did the students. Once I was there this morning I got most of the supplies together so they just had to come to the front and pick them up. Then my old teacher introduced me and we got started. The class was a highlighting class, which if you are a colorist is pretty much your bread and butter. This is the type of thing I do all day long at work. So I parted off the hair and dove right in and started to show them how to put the foils in. They all got it right away and did an excellent job of listening. Which I thought might be difficult since the average age of the girls is about 19. We didn't quite have enough time to finish the entire head, but I gave them a start at trying something new. Plus the girls just finished on their own after I left. My old teacher wants me to come back and teach some more. So I am very excited. Next time I will remember to bring a doll head that already has the color we will be working on. I might teach a hair cutting class as well. I didn't even get paid to do this, I just wanted to show the girls the fun side of the business. Plus it helps me to get new ideas as well.
Then when I came home I told my husband and he was very proud of me. It has been a very good day. We went shopping for some household stuff and some birthday presents for a couple of little boys that are having parties this weekend. D. had a good time too, although he wanted to bring all of the toys home from the store. Gotta go.
Blessed Be.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Laurabdoll said...

Just wanted to say hey and I hope all is going well.
PsychoBDoll

 

Post a Comment

<< Home