Monday, February 12, 2007

Ode to The Close-Minded Christian ( a Poem)

So you say you love God
and everyday you read His book
but have you ever taken a second
to take a good look?

At the people around you
who believe in the same,
but they live it; not read it
so you think they are strange.

I've read your book
I've heard your preachers scream
and I can tell you my dear
you live in a dream.

You listen to man
and not to your heart
your faith based on words
will soon be torn apart.

Don't look at me strange
when I say I'm a Witch
because if you knew what I knew
you're beliefs just might switch.

You cling to Jesus
for he died for your sins;
he died for mine too
but that's just where it begins

I don't rule out
that God has come to earth
I don't rule out
that he came by his birth.

But perhaps this God
about whom the stories are told
is the same God
to which my beliefs hold.

You call a woman named Mary
the Mother of God.
I call his mother the Goddess
now is that so odd?

My beliefs and yours
are not quite far apart;
we just have different names
for the faith in our heart.

There truly is not
wrong or right
I know the great One hears me
when I pray at night.

Whether he or she
whether one or three
I know my creator
truly loves me.

I have not judged you
so do not judge me
in time my dear
perhaps you shall see...

...that its not important
the faith you choose to be.
It's important you have faith
In the God that there be.

~~~~Source Unknown

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Angela said...

my favorite part...

"whether he or she
whether one or three
i know my creator
truly loves me."

beautiful! thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, coach outlet, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, links of london, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, marc jacobs, hollister, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora charms, moncler, swarovski crystal, replica watches, canada goose, wedding dresses

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, coach outlet, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, replica handbags, ugg boots, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, coach outlet, replica watches, sac longchamp, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, kate spade handbags, replica watches, nike free, ralph lauren pas cher, tory burch outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home